Tuesday, January 10, 2012
Taco Time
It all began with a commercial for Taco Bell’s Taco 12-pack; in which they say “invite 11 of your friends over!” Or something like that. Then the following conversation went down:
Me – I bet I could eat all 12 by myself. Nom nom nom.
Ian – (eyes get wide) Seriously? I’ll bet you _______ you can’t. There’s no way.
Me – (pondering) I really think I could do it.
Ian – How long?
Me – 10 minutes? They are pretty quick to put down. (His eyes get wider and I see his confidence growing) Ok, make it 15 minutes just to be safe.
Ian – (puts his hand out to shake) So is that a deal?
Me – Alright. Game on.
So this morning at about 10:30, mama was pretty hungry. It was time to get my taco on!
BK was sleeping so Ian went to get our food. He was so confident that he hardly got anything for himself… banking on my leftovers. Why can’t he comprehend THERE WILL BE NONE LEFT? I’m going to keep the stakes of this bet private; suffice to say though, I was highly motivated.
Forgive my frumpiness. I needed my stretchy clothes. And although I had showered, I saved my hair and makeup for after the gluttonous event. Just in case I was too sick to leave the house later… it would have been a wasted effort, right?
He gave me the ok to unwrap and hot-sauce my tacos in preparation. Here is what 12 tacos looks like on a regular plate.
We set the microwave time and it began…
Ian helped me try and keep pace. The first 4 tacos went down in 4 minutes so I was ahead of schedule. I knew I’d slow down and possibly need a break.
Tacos 5 & 6 were about 1m10s each. Then I hit a bit of a wall at taco 7 when I realized I was only half way through. I really contemplated giving up at this point. Taco 7 was slow and tacos 8 & 9 took me 3 minutes total. Tacos 9 and 10 didn’t go down easy. I kept telling Ian I was ready to give up… that there was no point in eating any more if I knew I couldn't do it. I drank some water and realized the liquid in my mouth helped me to swallow faster. It was like a taco epiphany and I felt encouraged again.
I only had 2 minutes to eat the last two tacos. I put them together and gave it everything I had. Alas, even with my new found water trick, I was unable to finish them in time. I begged for just one more minute but he gave me no sympathy. Why would he? He knew I could do it if I just had a few more seconds. Blasted!
I’m kicking myself for suggesting so little time. I doubt I’ll ever be eating Taco Bell ever again, but if a challenge ever presents itself once again, I could 100% eat 12 tacos in 20 minutes. Just FYI.
Off to go try and make myself throw up now.
And then it's time for Brooklyn to wake up already. On the menu for lunch -- taco milk!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment