I'm sure a lot of my posts will have to do with our house, seeing that it pretty much consumes us. The many, many, many trips to Home Depot, the never ending to-do list and the ever so dwindling supply of funds. Not to mention Ian and I are THE most non-handy people in the world. I take that back - lets leave Ian in that category and say that I'm only slightly handy in a few areas. I think it's just the perfectionist in me that helps and his lack of patience that hinders.
Anyway, the house was a slight fixer when we bought it. We've since invested a lot into it and with some TLC, it's starting to shape up to something we really truly feel at home in. Major renovations thus far have included new flooring throughout, new kitchen, repaired walls, updated lighting, gobs of fresh paint and the overhaul of our backyard to include the installation of "frass".
This brings me to the short list. Yes, today I made a list because it is the only solution at this point. There are still so many odds and ends that have yet to be dealt with and we really need to check some things off. Obviously, some are larger tasks that may take longer to get to and will require help while others are easy peasy. My goal this weekend will be to check off at least 3 things.....
furnish spare bedroom - rug and futon minimum
caulk hallway baseboards
fill nail holes in kitchen quarter round
paint all doors
backyard landscaping:
side yard prep and veggie garden planters
raised bed by orange tree - add lime or avocado tree and plants/flowers
small planter with palm - plants and flowers to fill
master bedroom closet - fill holes, add shelving and doors
master bath toilet - replace regulator(?)
organize file cabinet
hang pictures on walls
hook up stereo/dvd player in living room
update fireplace and mount TV above
order and install piece of end molding at game room closet
upgrade cable service to include additional DVR box in game room
finish shortening faux shutters in office, spare bedroom and master
window treatments
few more things to donate, trip to salvation army
pest control for garage critters - spray outside as well?
Wednesday, April 8, 2009
Home Is Where the Heart Is
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I think you just motivated me right back! I have to make one of these lists too, and reading yours reminds me to add things I hadn't thought about. Sounds like you've made a lot of progress already - take pics of your progress this weekend!
Hey! We're looking at getting an avocado tree for our back yard. Let me know what kind you're thinking of and how that's all going. When are you going to plant?
Post a Comment