It's been a while since I posted about one of my favorite new things, beer of course.
Ian had been on a long quest to find the perfect kegerator and finally found it. It's a full-sized fridge rigged with a tap, and now temperature regulator. You may be thinking "damn Katie, how come you let Ian get all this crap?" I know. I know. I wonder the same. But the reality is, the kegerator is virtually a summer brewing necessity. We can't ferment any of our home brews at less than 75 degrees now in the house due to the hotter summer temps, thus, the kegerator can be regulated to maintain the lower temperatures required for certain brew types.
And yes, this will be replacing the vending machine. Can't have it all.
 |
| Currently inside: CO2 + 5G Keg w/ 60 min IPA, (2) 5G carboys fermenting another IPA - His and Adam's |
Last weekend we went up to Mother Earth Brew Company's "event" in which they re-introduced their most popular brew. The Primordial Imperial IPA. Boyfriends Ian and Steve love the stuff.
 |
| Steve & McKenzie |
 |
| Us @ Mother Earth |
I also got a small 3-gallon carboy of my own. I first made a Pumpkin Lager that is ah-MAZING! I'm going to make a whole bunch more and stock up on it. It'll be the perfect fall beverage. Right now I'm fermenting a Carmel Apple Cider that I can't wait to try! Now that Ian is all about the hoppy IPA's that I find appalling, I must be responsible for my own beer destiny. =P He did make me a Strawberry Blond that keeps getting better by the day.
 |
| Just made my Pumpkin Lager |
So far the only major failure we've had is the Hef. It was nasty at first, then we thought it was improving with time, but we've now concluded that it's gross indeedee.
 |
| Icky Hef |
We still enjoy a nice beverage while we're out and about....
 |
Giant beers @ Hamburger Factory
w/ guy in background enjoying mouthful of burger |
*Side note - I like the new blogger. Much more user-friendly.
3 comments:
Beer tasting at Katie's house!!! You got rid of the vending machine? Dang I liked that thing lol
I hate the IPA's too. I want to try your pumpkin beer. I'm going to make the lemonade this week, wish me luck! :)
Jealous!
Post a Comment