Thursday, December 23, 2010

M*A*S*H Birthday

My father in law recently celebrated the big 5-0 with a surprise M*A*S*H themed bash.  Something of a dream come true of his -- ya, I don't get it either.  BUT, it was a lot of fun!  I'll let the pictures do the talking, mostly. I will of course still talk.  I have to explain everything in great detail.  If I don't talk, I worry you may not understand the key points.  Ok.

Cake!

I was really happy with how the camo fondant turned out.

Ian kegged his Octoberfest and brought it up. 
His old seabag was the perfect "bucket" since it was waterproof and could hold ice.

Dirty martini filled IV bag w/ olives. haha!
The sign had all the places Tim lived growing up. Really cool.

Brother Coley was the bartender.  He made me a few excellent cosmos throughout the night.
Served them with a smile too, as you can see. He made a lot in tips. 

Ian comfy on the cot

Birthday boy (right) with some other people.  When I saw the priest walk in, I thought he was from their church.
What? I can't help it that I'm too youthful to understand the M*A*S*H reference....

Uncle John and Cousin Shanna

Mike and Baby Santa
Was Santa also a big part of M*A*S*H or was that just for the cuteness factor?

Clint and Ian being creepy

My parentals

Oh look, it's me

No comments: