I bought TIGI’s Rockaholic Dirty Secret Dry Shampoo at the salon when I last got my hair done. For $25. My stylist used a little in my hair when she was finishing up because it gave some extra texture. I asked her about the whole dry shampoo phenomena because I’d had yet to try it out and was fascinated. She told me the stuff was great and she used it all the time. Well ok, I got myself a bottle.
Literally FOUR uses later, it was empty!! And I don’t get very greasy hair to begin with so I would hardly use anything, thinking I would make my $25 last a long time. WRONG. I went to look up some reviews online. Turns out this is a huge problem people have experienced with the product. TIGI said they had defective bottles but have yet to remedy the problem. It’s really too bad because the product was great while it lasted, but no way would anyone in their right mind pay that much for so few uses. Some people said they only got one use. BOO TIGI. I’m about to send their customer service department a nasty gram.
I know there are other brands out there. Which should I try next? Any recommendations? I know it’s not eco friendly, but I loved that TIGI’s came in an aerosol can. Though I think that may have been the problem.. My sister in law uses baby powder and says it does the exact same thing. Anyone else have experience with this? Apparently baby powder comes in different scents these days… who’da thunk it.
I have another TIGI product to review here soon, plus my Ovation hair experience. I know. You wouldn’t have begged me for a beatification blogger would you? BWAHAHAHAHA!

2 comments:
Ok I am the Queen of dry shampoo!! I use two brands: Oscar Biandi (found at Sephora) and Bumble&Bumble black dry shampoo.
First, The Oscar brand is great. It comes in aerosol and powder. My aerosol broke after 4 uses. The powder is still going. Its a little messy put gets the job done (and yes i have heard baby powder does the same exact thing)
B&B is actually colored dry shampoo. Since I have blonde roots under my black hair, it prolongs my trips to see my stylist. Its basically like spray paint and it works like a dream!!! They have blonde, brunette and black...not sure about red? Its great if you get roots!!!!
I've been using Oscar Biandi powder for years. It lasts forever. Avoid the spray can because it has the same problem as Tigi.
Post a Comment