Thursday, June 21, 2012

Paradise Point

Our first wedding of the season took place at Paradise Point Resort and Spa on Mission Bay.  We celebrated Ian's firefighter buddy, Harley, marrying his sweetheart Ashleigh.  It was a LOT of fun!

We got there as early as we could, considering all the crazy running around that ensued that day between my morning hair appointment, dropping BK, Kasier and all of their respective "stuff" off with the g-parents, and making sure our house was presentable.

Since I mangled the Accord up pretty good the week before, and it was still in the shop, we left our carseat car with the g-parents and took their Challenger down to the hotel.  We felt pretty cool in it, even though Ian drove it like an old man.  Guess he was worried about being too flashy....




We got checked in, headed to the bar for some much needed sustenance, and went back to the room to get ready.  We got more drinks on our way to the ceremony but FINISHED THEM.  I got a kick out of how many people had drinks at the ceremony.  Is that appropriate outside on the beach?  I guess so...

Ian's mom and step-dad

Highlight of the ceremony -- tortoise ring bearer.  You don't see that every day.  Wish I had a pic! Try to envision a 5 year old pulling a wagon with a grass floor and big tortoise on top.

Let me just say: I am so glad Ian and I got married before he got in to this department and we had to invite all these guys and there spouses.  Don't get me wrong, they are a blast!  But our food and alcohol bill would have probably doubled!

PS - One of my favorite people was at PP shooting another wedding next door, and we were lucky enough to have her snap a shot of us  =)


1 comment:

MM said...

Awwwww you so pretty!