I wanted to make my dad a cake yesterday for Father's Day since we were also celebrating his 55th birthday. His love of all things peanut butter/chocolate (and mine!) lead me in a quest for a delicious choco-pb cake recipe. Low and behold, my quick google recipe search pointed me to one of my favorite foodie blogs, Smitten Kitchen. You can just go here for the recipe and lots of pictures so I don't have to clutter my blog with the words. (There are a lot -- this was a day-long process, at least for me!)
I'll just say that the Sour Cream-Chocolate Cake with Peanut Butter Frosting and Chocolate-Peanut Butter Glaze was a big hit with my family. Oh, and we were super bad and had it with the best ice cream ever -- Baskin Robins' Peanut Butter and Chocolate. MmmmMmmmm good ol' diabetes in a bite worthy!!
I'll just say that the Sour Cream-Chocolate Cake with Peanut Butter Frosting and Chocolate-Peanut Butter Glaze was a big hit with my family. Oh, and we were super bad and had it with the best ice cream ever -- Baskin Robins' Peanut Butter and Chocolate. MmmmMmmmm good ol' diabetes in a bite worthy!!

PS - I think mine came out relatively pretty as well and I haven't even started my cake decorating class yet!! Oh, the potential! hehe
2 comments:
Good god Katie--that looks incredible! If I saw this earlier I woulda been ringing your bell after work for a piece. =)
good lord.... that looks absolutely amazing. :o) *saving recipe!!
Post a Comment