Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Sister's Shower

Just wanted to share a few pictures from my sisters bridal shower that was this past Saturday. It was a lot of fun and I think I was able to pull it off nicely, semi-last minute. Since she lives in LA, she wanted to have the shower part way between SD and LA so that no one had to drive especially far. My mom and sis decided on JT Schmidt's Brewery in Tustin....

Good news for me was I didn't have to worry about food and drink... Since it was a smallish group of about 15, mama picked up the tab and we just enjoyed liquid goodness and munched on delish appetizers. I felt ambitious enough to make the cake. Even though it took forever, it turned out really nice and all the guests were super impressed that I did it myself. I can't really think of much else to elaborate on so I'll just end this with some pics from the afternoon.

Oh, but I should include the beautiful invitations from my friend Cathy at LAFI...



Bride (right) and her friends

(left to right) Great Aunt, Dad's Cousin, Mom, Aunt...


(back to front) Mom's bff, Youngest Sis, Me, Family Friend...


Cake table


Pretty cake *pats self on back* =P


Homemade chocolate dipped pretzel rods


Crummy pic of sissies (bridal party)


Bride with RD bouquet

2 comments:

Helena said...

Perdy perdy!

How did you drizzle the white chocolate on the pretzels? When I did that on strawberries I got chocolate all over the counter and not so much on the berries. :p

Verlee said...

awww, katie! your cake looks beautiful! linda would be proud!! ;-) your drop flowers, lattice work, and borders ROCK! hehe!

did you end up using buttercream to frost or did you use something else? :)