Thursday, December 17, 2009

Racist Enchiladas


I’ve now tried both of Pioneer Woman’s enchilada recipes so I thought I’d give my little review and declare a winner.

Tester #1



I’d never made beef enchiladas before which is why I thought I’d try it this way. Using the ground beef though? I don’t know…not my favorite thing. Fine for tacos, but I didn’t care for the texture in the enchiladas. It was kind of mushy when all was said and done. Maybe it’d be better with shredded beef? I also think less sauce over the top, combined with baking it longer would have helped… Ah well. Not quite perfect in my book.


Tester #2 – WINNER!!




These were so friggin good! *Ignoring the ridiculously high fat content, please*. I tried to hide the sour cream going into the sauce since Ian thinks it’s so grody... He saw me though, didn’t say a word, and ate it anyway like a good boy. Then agreed they were way better than the last recipe and went back for a big second helping. Major success.

This time it’s just this way – in the world of enchiladas, my world as it is now, white reigns supreme…In the kitchen stadium….

3 comments:

Helena said...

I'm impressed with your pictures, did you get a new camera? I love chicken enchiladas so I'm with you on this one! :)

Katie said...

Thank you but no, I stole the pics from Pioneer Woman ;)

Jennie said...

Yum, those look sooooo tasty! Thanks for the review, I'm definitely trying out the white ones sometime. :)