Saturday, December 19, 2009

Tinsel Time

I was extremely excited for the holidays this year since it was our first in a house that we could decorate and really enjoy! Last year we put lights up outside but the inside was still demolished and there was nowhere for a tree or stockings, or anything fun like that. I got a little paranoid about putting up a tree once I started reading all about cats and their destructive nature. Would Buddy knock it over? Die of poisoning from drinking the pesticide infused water from the bowl? Play and destroy the pretty ornaments? Electrocute or entangle himself in the lights? Chomp on the branches and just be an overall annoyance to us? Well the answer is… Yes, just to that last part.

But back to our fun decorating. Here are some pics.

Pretty tree…



Stockings…



Chef nutcracker and classic dancing santa…



Outside (sorry, I don't have a pic...do a drive by if you want to see that bad). This is seriously the worst job. Why such a PITA? Tempted to hire one of those light hanging companies in the future. LOL. And on a side note, we have issues with the lights tripping our breakers when we do pretty much anything in the evenings outside the usual having a single light on indoors. Kinda annoying. Whatev…

Back to the cat, because it humors me, and maybe you if you are a freaky cat person too. He ignored the tree for a few days, then started getting nosey. Fortunately, the most he’d do is make a mad dash for underneath and hide out there. He’d sorta bite at the branches and maybe bat at an ornament every so often but nothing worth worrying about. What pissed me off the most was the mess it’d make when he’d run under, shake the damn thing, and a shit-ton of little needles would fall off. So my solution was to hurry up and wrap a bunch of presents and pile them up around the base. Did that help? See for yourself….

I spy cat.



What, you got a problem with somethin?



Just chillin'



Check me out mom. Pretty ornament.



I’m a little bitch cat. Trees are fun.



Don’t you love me?



Is this one for me?



I love him, I really do….

No comments: