Nicole gets credit for the microphone cupcake idea... I just had to come up with the execution. The first attempt was to simply bake the cake batter straight in the ice cream cones. This actually worked pretty well, only they didn't "puff" up enough to make nice looking microphones, IMO. If I filled the cones with extra batter, they just spilled over. =( So I ate those ones. *Happy Face* And then I decided that the practice ones with the cakes baked inside were meant to look like ice cream cones. I loaded on the buttercream and sprinkles. Personally, I think all that frosting looks disgusting but some kids would go nutso over it...
I scoured the web for Plan B. It involved filling the cones with candy and then gluing the cakes on top. Worked like a charm! Here they are sort of lined up, step by step.
| Candy - "Glue" - Cake - Ice - Textured Fondant - Ta Da! |
The final step was to punch a whole in the bottom of the cones to insert a piece of black licorice. And now you have a cord. Fancy right? Ya, I thought so..
In addition to the rockstar cupcakes, the birthday rocker herself got a mini record cake like the one I made for the Pretty In Pink Baby Shower.
Here are some of the pics from the party, courtesy of Shannon Bailey.



2 comments:
I don't even like buttercream but I totally want to eat that cone! The mics and cake turned out awesome. You seriously need to make a business out of this!
I am agog at how talented you are. And I don't even know what that word means.
Post a Comment