Monday, July 19, 2010

Pretty in Pink


Cathy designed this kick-ass invite featuring a real photo of the mom-to-be!

Baby Princess Paden has a whole bunch of Aunties who are not only wedding freaks, but party freaks in general. Naturally, we went all out on a Pretty In Pink baby shower for our dear friend Yvette… as we have for each of our beloved Beta Mommies.

The group came together with tons of yummy food, awesome party favor 80’s CD’s, record chargers with custom labels, balloons, flowers, pink crystals, pink everything really, and loot for the mommy-to-be. My main contribution was this cake:


I loved how it turned out! I covered the cake with fondant, and made the record with fondant as well. Then I surrounded the base with a sparkly silver ribbon, and added the rhinestone details with a little buttercream-glue. I don’t know how non-toxic using scrapping supplies on cake is, but I figured we were safe so long as we just removed the outmost fondant layer. I haven’t heard of anyone dying yet. *check*

Here are a few photos from the day of celebration. (Note to Lindsay – send us the group photo we took, slacka!)*Updated*






Veda makes lots of fun faces now, and noises. Just imagine her growling here. hehe

No comments: