Ok, I’ve officially recovered from my whiney attitude that came out two weeks ago. Maybe it helped to get it out though, because this last week and a half has been pretty fabulous. Sure, I still relate to most of the “symptoms” but the closer I get, the more and more exciting everything feels.
The baby movements are really powerful now. It’s fun to imagine what she’s doing in there when I feel her all over the place, twisting and turning in every direction. I can tell it’s getting pretty snug because I’ll feel her up in my ribcage, really down low, and way off to both sides. It’s totally distracting and I catch myself sitting at my work desk just watching my belly wig out for a while. Oh! And a couple days ago I definitely felt her case of the hiccups as I was going to bed. It was annoying, in a cute can’t-wait-for-it-to-happen-again way.
We need to buckle down now and check off a few serious things from the to-do list:
• L&D Class – 10/9
• Breastfeeding Class – 10/13
• Pack Hospital Bag
• Health Insurance – All 3 of us stay on Ian’s or get back on mine?
• Life Insurance – Amend our current policies?
• Choose and meet a pediatrician
Hmm… I wonder if I’m missing anything else?
Back in non-serious land, I also need to get a new wedding band since I actually do care if strangers think I’m an un-wed floozy. Let’s face it, that’s what they see and they will judge you with their eyes! I thought I just may be able to make it the whole way with my already snug rings, but alas, they are getting much to tight.
The nursery is done except for its bare walls. I’m losing motivation fast, though…. Why is it so hard to decide on a couple pieces of art and some book shelves? This may have to wait until post-baby.
I think I’m already exhibiting signs of “short-timers” at work, now that I’ve got people mostly trained. After this week, I’ll have 4 more weeks to go and I’m hoping to take it easy and let everyone else take care of my stuff next month. What? It’s for practice! That way they are more comfortable when I’m gone. Bwahaha.
I do have some laid back weekends coming up during which I plan to catch up on some blogging (w/ photos) and continue my aggressive nesting efforts.
No comments:
Post a Comment