I went ahead and made some decisions on nursery décor. I figure if I just went with cheap, I won’t feel bad if I have to re-arrange or change it up later on down the road.
First up is 2 custom prints. I think they’re cute even though Ian says “it’s stupid to frame the alphabet”. Huh? Since when does he care? So if he had his way, I’d only be using the one on the right… but do you honestly think he’s going to get his way? =P
Then I got a bunch of 3D paper butterflies that just stick to the wall. As long as they actually stick, they should prove to be a good space filler on the crib wall and not pose a threat to the sleeping baby in the event of a quake or something.
We’ll still have one blank wall that will be home to some bookshelves at some point, but I think these things will complete the main part of the room. They should arrive in the next couple of days and then I can finally post some pics! Our bathroom should also be finished any day. Whohoo!!
Now, on to the subject of fat fingers. I wore my engagement ring and wedding band for the last time on Sunday. Well, last time until post baby at some point. Ian was just in Vegas and said he almost got me a $200 giant cubic zirconium ring that he saw but I told him I was glad he didn’t. I was definitely thinking of spending closer to $5 for my temporary ring.
I found a set of 5 bands for $9.75 at Claire’s and was just going to use the plain one. Ian carefully chose this one instead and I think he’s totally right… it looks much more expensive. LOL.
I wish I’d taken a photo of my ring finger when I tugged the nice rings off – it was seriously indented and all red, with dry skin flaking off. Really awesome. So far today, the redness is gone and skin less dry. I wonder how many days my finger dents will remain?



No comments:
Post a Comment