Friday, November 11, 2011

November 11th – 40w2d

Well, my due date has come and gone and our little girl is not quite ready to grace us with her presence. I feel obligated to blog in case this is my last update prior to my 3 hour, pain-free, single push, all natural hospital labor story. For the moment though, there isn’t a whole lot to share. I’m still 1 cm dilated, ripe cervix and no contractions. I did end up scheduling an induction for the evening of 11/20 so I hope hope hope she comes before then.

Up until a day or two ago, people would ask me how I am feeling and I would respond with an enthusiastic “good”. I think I may be getting past that point though. There is no denying the discomforts of being 40+ weeks pregnant.

I’m totally amused by the constant calls/texts/emails/FB messages from close friends and immediate family asking me about the status of our baby. As if I wouldn’t let them know? Even Ian calls me from work and asks me if anything is happening. LOL

My “vacation” thus far has been a good combination or productivity and lazy relaxation. During the first week Ian was working almost every day and I got pretty lonely. I think it just wore on me that I was home alone, huge, pregnant, and not knowing when she would come. He’s been off more these days and it’s been great to spend some QT with him before our lives change forever.

Here are some of my accomplishments over the last two weeks:
  • Hospital bag packed
  • Carpets/Rugs/Upholstery professionally cleaned
  • Dog groomed
  • Car truck cleaned out (still need to do Ian’s since it’s mostly full of my stuff)
  • Baby book mostly filled out with everything relating to pre-birth
  • Signed off on our refinance loan docs
  • Cooked for fun - my latest obsession being homemade chipwiches
  • Had some good meal dates with friends, family and coworkers
  • Watched Seasons 1-3 of Breaking Bad

Brooklyn reminded me just now that I should discuss her in-utero gymnastics. I know she’s not actually flipping around since I can feel her head way down in my pelvis all the freaking time, but she sure likes to stretch out. When she really goes at it, I can sometimes feel bone from the outside! Like knees and elbows or something. Maybe fingers and toes? Anyway, that’s one cool thing that has only really happened in the last week or so. Hopefully next time you hear from me, she’s in my arms!!

1 comment:

Monkee Man said...

I want a chipwich! Guess I'm too late now.

TD