Friday, November 18, 2011

November 18th – 41w2d

Ok, last week was a fluke. THIS is my last entry before Brooklyn comes in to this world. She has a little less than 48 hours now to come on her own before she will be getting help in making her way out.

At my appointment this morning I was told I had progressed a whopping .5 cm. That makes me “soft”, about 50% effaced, and 1.5 cm dilated. I also went to the hospital for a non-stress test and aside from taking a couple hours, all was well. Little one is surrounded by plenty of fluid, placenta is a-ok, and she was an active little booger for a good hour. No wonder she doesn’t care to come out. I mean, it’s supposed to rain this weekend!

Ian and I have resorted to talking about her as if she knows what we’re going through right now and has an opinion about when a good time would be. For instance…

I suggested to him that maybe she’s not coming because she didn’t have a way to get home from the hospital. So he went ahead and finally installed the car seat. Nothing.

Ian joked last week that she’d be getting a spanking for every day late she was. I told him she’s probably scared now and made him take it back. Nothing.

And it goes on and on like that. =)

At the end of the day, she’ll come when she comes.
One way or the other.
CAN NOT WAIT!! <3

1 comment:

Helena said...

We can't wait to meet her. Wishing you an easy labor and delivery. Lots of love!