One day I was scouring the web for fireplace brick painting techniques when I stumbled across this product called
Brick-Anew. They advertise a kit that helps you transform ugly red brick fireplaces into pretty fresh looking brick. I was a tad skeptical, only because the detailed "how-to" instructions were no place to be found, but there were so many user submitted before & afters that I decided to go for it.
When I got the package in the mail, it came with a 10-minute instructional DVD. This was starting to sound overwhelming... You basically paint the entire surface (brick and mortar) and then follow it up with 4 more colors using varying techniques (brush, roller, sponge...) to create variations in every brick. I was watching the demo thinking it is not for someone like me...perfectionist... likes things symmetrical... etc. But alas, after a solid weekend of non-stop brickwork, we had two amazingly transformed fireplaces for a couple hundred dollars.
 |
| Before |
 |
| Base Coat. Already such a difference! |
 |
| Done! |
I just love how it still looks more natural looking, as opposed to just solid painted brick. It looks even better now with the room painted. I did the same thing to the smaller fireplace in the other living room. =)
1 comment:
Awesome!
Post a Comment