Wednesday, November 28, 2012

House - Paint and Cabinets

We've been doing lots and lots and lots of painting. It feels like the painting never ends!  For one reason or another, we're are having to paint every room of the house.  And even though some rooms are pretty low priority, we figure it's still easier to do now while we can slop it all over the floors.

By far the hardest room color choice was the one we'd be using through all the hallways and main living areas.  I definitely wanted to go more grey than brown (cause I'm trendy that way, and a follower), but we were still going to have beige carpet.  I tested 4 colors in few different rooms and put them next to our carpet and tile samples.  This is a pretty horrible pictures, I know.  They all look the same. haha.  But in person, and in different lighting, they were quite different.


From left to right --
1 = too purplish
2 = too yellow/beigeish
3 = WINNER
4 = too bluish

We had the ceiling scrapers/painters do the hallway along the staircase since it was super tall and awkward.  Here is what it looks like when they were finished.


The more and more of that yellowish brown color that gets covered up, the happier I get!  

Here is the kitchen, primed/painted and ready for some cabinets!
Cabinets delivered yesterday!  Whohoo!!!  

Dad started to unpack and get them ready for mounting.
Notice the second fireplace in the back?  Loving how much brighter the room feels with the fresh paint and pretty fireplace.  What type of mantle should we put there?  A TV will go above.