First, we got fumigated. Peace out wood-destroying-pests.
As an aside - whenever I see a tented home, I think someone may be inside cooking meth.
Then came all sorts of fun stuff... Notice a few things in the pic below:
- The small doorway to the dining room in the back was moved over about a food to the right.
- The full wall to the left, along the hallway, was extended a few inches. By doing #1 and #2
(insert potty joke here)we will now be able to accommodate regular 24" depth pantry cabinets and our fridge along that wall. We only had 1 ft of depth there before. Pretty useless. - We now have a gas line running over to the back wall for a cooktop. You can't see it now because...drum roll please....
- All our ceilings have been patched up, scraped of the hideous "popcorn", re-textured, and painted. What a world of difference that made throughout the house!!
- Can lights were moved around some so they will be more appropriately symmetrical with our new cabinet layout.
- The short wall in front was extended another foot or so in to the kitchen on the right. Pretty much just so it covers the whole cabinet that will be there.
| Doorway moved from kitchen to dining room. View from entry. |
(I'm just realizing this post is going to get long. Bare with me)
One thing I wanted in this kitchen was a cool range hood over our cooktop; not a microwave. I also wanted it to be more centered on that back wall. Here is is again, before.
This is probably getting hard to follow. But basically what ended up happening was my dad moved everything around, resulting in a larger closet upstairs for BK, and a smaller closet in what we're calling the guest room. The AC duct running between the two new sized closets, in to the dining room, with space for the stove exhaust to run more center to the wall. Ok, it's kind of hard to explain.
.jpg)
2 comments:
Looks great! Can't wait to see the fancy range hood you picked! (And also, all of that totally made sense to me...)
Thanks!
I figured it would make sense to you... my fellow handy woman friend. =)
Post a Comment