As a follow up to my beginning cake decorating marathon of classes I took last year, I wanted to try my hand at fondant. You know, fondant, that fancy stuff that makes cakes look seamlessly perfect but no one ever wants to eat it because it’s hard and chewy? Ya, that’s fondant. And actually, I tasted it fresh and it was really not that bad.
In any case, the class was SUPER helpful and I learned a lot from Linda Bills, the same instructor I had before at her shop Do It With Icing. The technique she showed us was something I would have never tried. And it was freakishly easy. If you would like me to show you sometime, I will charge a small fee ;)
We decorated Styrofoam “cakes” which made for a sturdy base. I can’t wait to try on a real cake! I think it’s pretty darn near close to perfect if I do say so myself…
Oh, I made that rose too out of fondant.
1 comment:
OMG Katie! That looks so professional!
Post a Comment