Brew a small batch of Chocolate Cherry Stout
Let it ferment in the plastic Mr. Beer thingymajig
In the Man-Cave, on the rug, covered with a dark blanket to keep the sun off
And then find that it leaked everywhere
Soaked through almost the whole 5x8” rug, through the foam underliner, and onto the laminent floors
For lord knows how long
(Probably only that day since we smelled it, and felt it, obv.)
And now you’re sad because:
a) The beer is gone =(
b) And less importantly, the rug is stout-soaked and your floors are potentially ruined
c) Oh, and you had to deal with this at bedtime on a weeknight.
That does not, or will never apply to any of you? Oh, I guess this would only happen to me? Meh. Onward and upward.
Disclaimer: this is a true story. I did not make it up. And now I will show you how I tried to salvage the rug. Please don’t make fun of me. I’m only so smart ok…
Step 1: Move soaked rug outside and let it sit there, rolled up and wet, getting mildew-ey I’m sure, while you don’t want to deal with it.
Step 2: Wait for a nice weekend day and lay it out on your frass. This is a perfect situation for fake grass.. If you are having to follow these steps, I recommend Step 1 be – install frass.
b) And less importantly, the rug is stout-soaked and your floors are potentially ruined
c) Oh, and you had to deal with this at bedtime on a weeknight.
That does not, or will never apply to any of you? Oh, I guess this would only happen to me? Meh. Onward and upward.
Disclaimer: this is a true story. I did not make it up. And now I will show you how I tried to salvage the rug. Please don’t make fun of me. I’m only so smart ok…
Step 1: Move soaked rug outside and let it sit there, rolled up and wet, getting mildew-ey I’m sure, while you don’t want to deal with it.
Step 2: Wait for a nice weekend day and lay it out on your frass. This is a perfect situation for fake grass.. If you are having to follow these steps, I recommend Step 1 be – install frass.
Step 3: Rinse
Step 4: Come to the realization that the foam padding piece is unsalvageable
Step 5: Sprinkle rug with laundry detergent
Step 6: Hose it down again
Step 7: Scrub. I used the obvious choice, a car-wash broom I found laying around.
Step 8: Rinse. Rinse forever. Seriously…so much rinsing. Too much soap.
Step 9: Rinse the patio and move rug over to dry. But first, rinse from the bottom. Keep rinsing. You may never be at peace with your rinsing job.
Step 10: Leave out to dry at least (hmm..how many days has it been now? 2 Saturdays ago? So that’s 10 days now?) yes at least 10 days is necessary, probably more considering it’s still out there. But if you ask me, it’s clean! I call it “airing out”. One day we will get another liner and move it back and see if it stinks up the house.
4 comments:
What a pain the a$$! Do you know why it leaked?
Dudeeeee that sucks!!! You're a clever chica though.
I feel so bad for you! My first job was at a dog kennel that used pieces of carpet in thier metal pan dog runs so the dogs felt like they were at home. ANYWHO, I used to have to take the carpets outside and clean them if they got soiled or hairy. You did it exactly right! Maybe next time mix the laundry soap with water in a gallon jug and sprinkle it over the already wetted down item. And when you let it dry, hang it over something if you can. Careful tho, a wet carpet is HEAVY! :) Sorry bout the beer, yo...
Helena - We couldn't figure it out. The spikot (sp?) wasn't leaking when we tilted the little bit that was left. I'm going to email Mr. Beer and see what the dealio is...
Jessiepie - Thanks for the tip, girl! Although next time I have an incident like this, I know who to call ;) The expert peepee rug cleaner of course!! Good to know, good to know.
Post a Comment