Thursday, June 24, 2010

WWW

Weight Watchers Wine

What the heck is going on here? I just heard about WWW and, well, I don’t know what to say really. This is pure craziness!

Let me just say, I’m a big proponent of the Weight Watchers program. If you do it right, it really works, and you don’t have to sacrifice the foods you love to eat. It’s all about meal planning, serving sizes, exercise, and being accountable. A few years back, I lost nearly 25lbs on the program and was feeling great. I think with any sort of weight-loss program, diet, whatever, if you don’t have a maintenance plan, you will inevitably go back to your old ways.

So here I am, needed to shed a few and trying to get back on WW. Two days in and I’m doing great. LOL

Anyway, my flubber is not what this is about though.. The point is, I can’t get over all these ploys! At first, some of the WW products were really great, and helpful. I’ve certainly enjoyed WW frozen meals, candy, granola bars, mini cakes, and ice creams. But now I go to the store and I see the most bazaar things (IMO) that are being branded by WW. Individual shredded cheese packets? Cream cheese? Sauces? Yogurt? Hamburger Buns? In most cases, these items don’t even have a lower point value than regular, low-fat, brands. I guess people pay for the packaging and will choose WW indorsed products over something the same, but less spendy. Not me! I’m too smart for that!! =P




And now WINE?!?! This info is taken from the WW website:
Everyone enjoys a glass of wine now and again, and when you're watching what you're eating it can be the hardest thing to give up! Well now with our fab range of Weight Watchers Wines you needn't worry any more. Choose from Fruity White, Refreshing Rose, Zinfandel, Purely Pink or Smooth Red. With a POINTS value of just 1 per 125ml glass you save a POINTS value of ½ per glass (or you save 3 if you count by the bottle!)





The thing is, wine is already a great WW choice if you want to drink. A standard pour is only 2 points (equivalent to a light beer, or cocktail with zero-calorie mixer). “Fruity White”? “Purely Pink”? I think I’ll pass.. Would people really sacrifice a good wine for one of these options?

No comments: