I took a beginning crochet class with my mom forever ago and never really did much with it after the fact. With all my friends having babies though, I was inspired to try my hand at it once again. I bought a few patterns off Etsy and quickly became thoroughly confused. Ya, crochet patterns are written in a different language.... It took me a LONG time to figure out the shorthand and what it all meant. After a few attempts to start, I was able to finish up with this little beauty.
I then came to find out that my little buddy Chase was an avid hat-wearer so I had to do a little something for him too. Love the little ear flaps on this one!
So Cute!
Ian was very jealous that I was always working on projects for other people. When he quit asking for a c*^k sock, he decided he seriously wanted a hat...something he could wear at work around the station. In fact, he was pretty particular in that he wanted it to say "Santee Fire" in red across a navy blue hat. My response was "yeah, who the hell do you think I am? Martha f-ing Stewart? Ya, sorry...no WORDS". So we agreed on this much more simple design and my hubby was happy:
So ya, I take requests but you have to model for me after. =P

No comments:
Post a Comment