Tuesday, June 28, 2011

March 10th - 5w1d

I feel a little less crazy today.  Like it’s sinking it.  Although it doesn’t feel real, it feels more normal.   I’m going to take another test tonight though, just to make sure yesterday wasn’t a complete fluke.  ;)

I went ahead and scheduled an appt. with the OBGYN for the earliest they would see me.  March 31st when I am estimated to be 8 weeks along.  That appointment can’t come soon enough!  I could schedule a visit with my PCP to have my blood drawn and further confirm this news, but the more I read, the more I feel that the chances of multiple false positives in a row are pretty slim.  I’m hoping I can just wait it out.

I can definitely see that I have boarded the roller coaster of spontaneous emotional combustion.  It comes in all forms, be it hysteria, anger, sadness, and extreme joy… often all at the same time.  Totally explains why I would tear up at pictures of a retiring fire chief holding his infant son during an honorary dinner celebration I attended the evening prior to my testing positive.  I didn’t even know the man for crying out loud.

I love that Ian is so excited that he wants to tell everyone he comes in contact with and it’s only been one day.  At the same time, I wish he’d show a little more restraint.  It’s soooooo early and I’d hate to have to un-tell a bunch of people if things don’t turn out the way we plan.  Other than our parents/immediate family, I’ve told only a couple friends and he’s a few of his own.

No comments: