Monday, June 27, 2011

March 9th - 5w

The first week of March left me feeling curious, as I was having virtually none of my usual PMS symptoms except for more-sore-than-normal jugs.  I tried not to think much of it since my two previous cycles had been unusually long (40 days) and I figured Flo would come to visit sooner or later.

I got up this morning and figured – eh – what the heck…I’ve got a cheap-o test lying around from the dollar store so I may as well pee on a stick.  Planned for that night was the Total Tap Takeover event at our new favorite local watering hole, so I’d feel better enjoying my Sour Wench brewskie if I had the all-clear.  But instead, to my pleasant surprise, two lines appeared!



I’d always figured if I ever did get a positive test, I’d wait until I took a few more (you know – for confirmation?  like 10 confirmations) before actually breaking the big news to my husband.  I couldn’t.  I went into our bedroom, woke him up and said “look, I think I’m pregnant!”  He glanced at the pee stick, kissed me and rolled back over.  I wondered if he’d remember that encounter when he actually got out of bed later. LOL

On my way to work I stopped by CVS and dropped 40-something buckaroos on 2 boxes of tests.  Three of the pink first response ones and a couple clear blue digitals. I guess they figure psycho-maybe-pregnant-woman will pay anything.    Ian did remember.  He called at about 8am and asked if I’d tested again… I was still waiting till I had to “go”.  About an hour later I was too anxious so I took my test and forced a stream upon it.  (That was a pretty literary description, right?!?)  It wasn’t enough though.  I got ZERO lines this time.  I told Ian I’d have to try again later using the pee-in-cup-and-dip method, to which he responded “That sucks.  So you peed all over your hand for nothing.”  How did he know that? 

I figured I’d wait until after my 10 am meeting to try again… but 10 minutes prior, I had the sudden urge to go.  Sign much?  So gathered a mini coffee cup from the kitchen and went about my business.  After a 5 second dip and a minute later there it was – another clear positive. 



Another positive at night, told the parentals, scheduled an OBGYN visit. 



Sinking in that this is quite possibly the real deal.. I feel a little neurotic right now.  Like I want to go crib shopping and create a baby registry.  I know I have some 35ish weeks to figure this stuff out but how can you not be excited for something so amazing?  I think it’s going to feel like a looooooong wait for the kiddo to actually get here.  I guess in the mean time I have to let go of nursery themes and focus on taking care of my preggo self.  

Damnit, I won’t get to try all the beer I bottled this past weekend!  Oh well. Such is life.

*PS - Ian absolutely did make fun of me for taking pictures of my pee sticks. 

No comments: