Friday, October 21, 2011

October 21st – 37w2d

I ended up taking the day off since, well, frankly I don't have much going on there lately and I had other fun things I could do instead!

I had another pretty typical visit to the doctor, but she was able to confirm that Brooklyn's head is down.... and it's way down. Which I think explains the minor cramps I'd been feeling a few days ago. I totally feel her new position. The doctor traced her from her head, along her back, to her butt and then her feet. I love knowing now exactly how she's sitting in me!

I went ahead and declined a cervical check and we agreed to do it next week, for sure. I just really didn't see the point. Does it matter if I'm 1 cm dilated? Eh.... no. And if I'm 5, well, I'll figure it out here pretty soon, right?

So then later this afternoon I got the most amazing massage. Ian surprised me with the appointment... Apparently he spent a whole day of work researching where to go in SD for a good prenatal massage. Very thoughtful. So I ended up at a place called Equilibrio in Bankers Hill. They specialize in prenatal and postpartum massage therapy and the prices are pretty good, too! 75 minutes for $90 -- Now, if only I could recreate the pillow concoctions at home I'd be in heaven.

From there I went to get my hair done (finally). I know it seems silly but I'd pretty much made this appointment so that I could be "safe" before the baby came, but still wait as long as possible because I know it will be a little while now before I can go back. This was 10 whole torturous weeks with a gazillion gray hairs showing everywhere. I'm happy it's gone... and Miss B can come whenever she'd like. Particularly now that I picked up some baby wipes and burp clothes. How the heck had I forgotten those items?!?!

No comments: