Monday, October 31, 2011

October 31st – 38w5d

Celebrating my first day of vacation maternity leave today! Whohoo! I think the timing is perfect, even if Brooklyn decides to come a little late. Just this week I started to feel that whole “can’t wait to have this baby out of me” thing that everyone talks about. Of course that is all physical; mentally, I’m ok with her staying in another week or two. Or not. Whatever floats her boat.

Some notes:
  • When I’m on my feet for any extended amount of time, I start to feel a lot of uncomfortable pelvic pressure.
  • I woke up last Thursday morning with a distinct waddle going on; I’ve officially lost my normal walk.
  • It’s pretty awesome to feel kicks and jabs all the way down in my hips, and up in ribs at the same time. She’s getting so big!
  • I’m starting to notice her head down in my pelvis when I move around. It’s an odd feeling.
  • It’s as if my minimally existent ab muscles from pre-pregnancy are now 100% non-existent. I can hardly lift my legs up and down.

I had my first vaginal check last Friday morning at the doctor. There isn’t much to report on about that other than – OWIE! Didn’t know they had to dig around so hard in there to feel the cervix. And for so long. Sheesh. Good news is that her head is totally down and “right there”, and my cervix is very soft. No dilation to speak of. And no contractions.

The only thing I HAVE to do still is get the hospital bag stuff organized and at least partially ready to go. Other than that, there are just lots of odds and ends that I’d like to take care of before baby comes.

Now, I just have to get through this evening.  As much as I'd like to leave the house, or pretend I'm not home, I think I just have to suck it up and pass out candy.  Ian is at work and the thought of dealing with the dog freaking out, and getting up and down a million times to get the door, sounds less than exciting. 

No comments: