This past weekend I learned 2 v.v. important things about my car.
The first occurred on our way to Vegas as Ian stopped to fill up on gas. He started things off, then went inside to get something to drink while I got out and finished. Where he stored the cap to the tank astonished me! I was beyond belief.
Here is what I usually do with the cap. It rolls around and I fiddle with it until it’ll stay put on my trunk:
The first occurred on our way to Vegas as Ian stopped to fill up on gas. He started things off, then went inside to get something to drink while I got out and finished. Where he stored the cap to the tank astonished me! I was beyond belief.
Here is what I usually do with the cap. It rolls around and I fiddle with it until it’ll stay put on my trunk:
How in the world did I not know that nifty little thing existed? Never seen anoyone do that before. This revelation seriously made me freak out in excitement. Ian thought I was weird since, according to him, it is on a lot of cars. Do you have it?
Second thing I learned on our way home from Vegas, when a NV police officer was kind enough to stop us along our merry way and let us know that my car’s registration was expired.
“What? Me? No way! It’s registered!!! I know it is!” (Looking feverishly for a non-expired registration in the glove)
“No ma’am, I checked with CA before I pulled you over. There is no record of this vehicle being registered.”
“Well f-me then!” (Okay, I didn’t really say that)
But it totally sucked! Sure enough, my registration expired in September. WHOOPS!! I believe that after we moved, I never changed my address with the DMV, thus, never received the renewal notification. Ian couldn’t believe I didn’t know what month my car is due for renewal.. Sorry, never paid much attention to it! So yeah. That sucked. Kinda. At least we were told the $190 fine would likely be reduced once we took care of it.
The cop-man was pretty stern with us but I considered us lucky to continue on our way. Apparently it’s a liability for the state to let an unregistered vehicle continue driving once spotted, but he didn’t tow us away. Ian credits the fire department sticker on the rear window, as well as the Santee Firefighter hat he had stored on the dash, in case of such instances. Public service providers have a thing for each other, I guess.
Anyway, this is why I had to spend a good couple hours at the DMV first thing Tues. morning – changing my addresses and renewing the registration. PS – those late fees are REDIC!! Like double the original fee if you are over 3 months late. Just FYI. =)
This thrilling tale ends with a new fine of $90 to the state of NV. And can I just say, the customer service people for their justice court are extremely kind and helpful over the phone. Almost made the whole thing my pleasure. HA!



2 comments:
My current car plus the last 3 or 4 cars I owned had it. LOL
I had the same thing happen when I moved once so I feel your pain on that one. I bet you'll never forget to change your address with the DMV again! :)
My car has it, too. :) But my last car didn't and when I got my current car, I remember freaking out about it, too! Glad you found a new fun car trick!
Post a Comment