Friday, February 12, 2010

Las Vegas Vacation

Last weekend we headed to Vegas to celebrate my youngest sister, Becky, becoming 21 years of age. My parents joined us, along with my Aunt Mary, cousin Katherine and of course my sister and 3 of her friends.

Ian and I left a day early (Thurs) and stayed the night in Laughlin so we could enjoy the company of many a senior citizens, cheap gambling, good food and tons of free alcohol.

Here is where we always stay, the Colorado Belle:



The “riverboat” theme is fun! The best part is at night when they have this cute little band play in the middle of the casino and all the “urban campers” + local junkies come in to dance. LOL

We ended up taking a few hundred extra dollars with us to Vegas after a sucessful night at the ‘Belle. The whole gang decided to stay downtown in Vegas since most of us didn’t care about all the fine dining and overall party scene. The Fremont hotel was surprising nice inside, as I think they’d redone it fairly recently.

Unfortunately I don’t have many pics from the trip. Just a few of Ian and I goofing around.

Here I am with my classy beer-in-a-bag:



Ian enjoying the Fremont Experience:



A rediculously good drink we discovered that really F’s you up fast! HAHA



Shockingly enough, I wasn’t the one who insisted we try the deep fried oreos.. Ian wanted them in a bad way. Here he is getting ready to dive in:



MMM, fried fat:



I opted for a fried twinkie. Pretty huh?



With the exception of a rainy Saturday, Vegas treated us pretty well for the weekend. It was some good QT with the family, and hubster!

No comments: