Monday, July 19, 2010

Intruder Plus Friend

I don't usually blog "on demand" but I just wanted to make sure to get this ultimate traumatizing experience on paper before I settle down and realize what a lame-o I am.

I just got home after a very long day of work and class. Oh wait, first you have to remember Intruder Incident Numero Uno. Ok, now we can get on with it..

The gate to our front yard was closed, so being my lazy self, I just parked on the street and walked in. As I slide the gate open, I hear THEM. And they are just chilling at the bottom of the tree in the middle of our front yard... staring at me. Give me the look of death. I know they were plotting how to tag team me and eat me alive. Those little bastards!

My heart was racing. How was I going to make it from the end of my driveway to the front door?!?! I would have to run through a section of sidewalk where there would only be about 10 feet between me and the killers. I stomped my feet loudly, hoping to scare them up the tree so I could at least have some distance between us. But to no avail, they remained... seemingly enjoying the grass, and new company. They thought I looked tasty.

Ok, I'll admit, for a very SPLIT SECOND, I may have thought they were kinda cute

But back to them killing me.

I decided if I weren't going to make it my house alive, I may as well stand back, wait for them to leave, but take some pictures in the mean time. Of course my phone couldn't capture the pre-homicidal evidence. I realized that my only option was to chance it. My babies were hungry and needed their mom, after all. So I darted to the door. Their eyes followed me and I feared they would think I was starting a game of chase and follow me right inside. Thank goodness they did not!

The camera happened to be sitting on the counter so I figured "hey, why not? I almost died once already.." I turned on all the outside lights and tried to catch them. Just before they headed up the tree, I got this lovely image.


Of course it's just their evil eyes. EVIL!!

Know what the most ironic part is? This afternoon I happened to schedule tree trimmers to come cutback that tree tomorrow... Karma's a bitch. =P

1 comment:

prettyaspeaches said...

lololololololol!!! I love the picture you got! Way too awesome. What little bastards.