I think the first time I came across this type of art was on Pioneer Woman’s Blog. I think it is the perfect gift idea and I was pretty stoked on having one done up for Ian, of his two love children fur things, Kaiser and Buddy.
*Tangent – Ian now picks Buddy up by the skin of his neck and the cat LOVES it. Like can’t stop purring. Can you imagine? Picking up a 17lb. fat ass cat by his neck skin? But I guess it releases a certain hormone and is soothing to the kitty… like when momma kitty picked them up like that when they were babies? Anyway, I can’t get a good enough grip to do it. Plus I’m scared. But it trips me out seeing Ian do that and then I’m jealous that Bubba might thinks he’s his mom and love him more than me.
But back to the gift idea..
So I checked out the woman showcased on the PW blog and she’s pretty dang spendy. I set out to find my other options and came across Ron. He specializes in modern pet watercolor and was priced much more fair, IMO. I figured I’d have him do one for Ian and if it turned out nicely, I’d have a rock solid go-to gift idea in my back pocket! Note to any of my immediate family who may be reading this – you can’t steal this idea. It’s all MINE! At least for this year, ok? Ok.
First I sent him a few pictures of each animal and he photoshopped a rough plan for my approval. See:
Then he asked me what color preferences I had (just masculine I said) and he went to work.
He sent me a scan of the final piece before mailing it to me. That way if I saw anything I wanted him to change, he could do his best to take care of it. I thought it was perfect the first time, but I thought that it was really awesome he asked! Clearly customer satisfaction is a priority.
The final product was this beautiful 11 x 14 custom painting of our kids, that I had framed up and then gave to Ian for his birthday. He started crying tears of joy when he opened it. Ok, no he didn’t. But he definitely loved it. So I would highly recommend this for pet lovers, or as a gift to a pet lover. You can visit Ron’s site here for more samples of his work, and pricing info. Better hurry cause he will get busier in to November!


1 comment:
That's awesome, love it!
Post a Comment