Thursday, January 14, 2010

Gizmos Galore

It’s amazing I can still make room for new appliances…but I DO!! Let’s start with a few little treasures we got for Christmas. Oops, not sure why I just said “we”. It’s really “I”. Actually, I know why I said it. I didn’t want to take full responsibility for wanting the Ice Cream Maker AND Deep Fryer. I’ll take it though. Afterall, I use those appliances to prepare tasty things only for my husband and never, never-ever, do I enjoy the fruits of my labor. It’s a real selfless relationship you see.

Ice Cream Maker
This is the Kitchen Aid attachment that I mentioned before on my wish list. I’ve made two batches of ice cream so far and I absolutely love it! During the first try, I wondered if it would really be worth all the extra time, trouble and expense, but OMG is homemade ice cream to die for!!! The cookies n’ cream tasted like perfect custard and the chocolate peanut butter was just like Baskin Robbins. Ian fell in love with me all over again. I think. Here’s the recipe I used for the Choc PB.




Deep Fryer
I realize it is kind of sick to own this but let’s be honest, how many things are just so much better fried?! I now have a mini deep fat fryer that’s perfect for small batches of fries, onion rings, fish fillets, potato skins, lumpia, taquitos, coconut shrimp, tempura, eggrolls… I could go on and on. It definitely can’t (and won’t) live on the countertop but for special, non-dieting occasions, I’m stoked on having this at my fingertips.




Buddy received this Drinking Fountain from Santa. It took a couple days of exploring and me sticking my fingers in the water before he decided he liked it but he's totally addicted to date.



Now we can move on to the husband-inspired appliances.

Coffee Maker
I’m not sure if it’s because part of his new job IS “coffee maker” at the fire station, but ever since Day 1 at this new gig of his, he’s become a coffee pheen. He started drinking at work only, but recently moved to picking cups of it up from 7-11 on his way to and from, as well as on the weekends. I’ve always drank a cup in the morning at work but am just fine without it. I’m not sure if this is just a phase of Ian’s or what, but it was definitely worth it to invest in a coffee maker at the rate he was going. For whatever reason, we both agreed drinking coffee, and now having a coffee maker on the counter, just makes us feel so adult-like. WEIRD.


Charcoal Smoker
Last, but not least, this is something Ian’s been wanting for a long time. He talks about the best meat he’s ever had being from a smoker so we went ahead and bought the dang thing. It sure is pretty and it sure did make some of the best meat I have ever had! The day after he got it, he and his boyfriend Clint cooked up 8 pounds of smoky tritip melt-in-your-mouth goodness.





2 comments:

prettyaspeaches said...

I'm kinda jealous of all this. The smoked meat looks goooooddddddd. My cats would play in the water fountain :(

Rina Alvarez said...

Mmmm....tri-tip! Your house is NOT diet-friendly!