Oh, by the way, that last post was a joke. Sorry to disappoint. I might put on some poundage but please know that my husband’s little legs will not be sticking out from under me if I ever get to be that size. He will be long gone. I wouldn’t even blame him. Maybe I should hang that picture on the fridge for motivation? Nevermind…
I don’t have any true New Year’s Resolutions this time around but I thought I would put together a list of things I’m going to strive to, let’s say, make better practice of…
1. Keeping Tidy – Around the house and in my car. I don’t know what my deal is but I feel like I’m starting to struggle more and more with STUFF. Why is it always everywhere? And why is there always more of it? I do blame Ian for a lot of it…the bringing it in part…but even still, I need to get a better handle on keeping things put away. Maybe that means 5 or 10 minutes/day of “picking up” time, who knows.
2. Nighttime Skin Care – I know I did a whole post on this a while back and I never did anything about it. FAIL. I’ve been on top of it since Christmas though and you know what the trick is? White sheets!! We got a set as a gift and as soon as I put them on, I realized I really need to wash my face before bed each night so they don’t get all gunky with my end-of-day icky grossness. Know what’s even grosser?? Ian’s pillow is more dirty than mine these days. He must have a lot of head and face dirt. Ick! I should take a picture. LOL Anyway, it feels good to go to bed with a clean, moisturized face each night. I hope I can keep it up.
3. Being Healthy – Eating smart and exercising…yada yada yada. You know the drill.
4. Cooking at Home – Which I do plenty. But the problem I have is that I get wrapped up in trying to make too much out of it. I have to work on simplifying things and trying out meals that aren’t super involved and will be more inclined to make on a more regular basis. I get discouraged because I tend to want to take on too much at a time and then think “that was good but not realistic for a typical weeknight meal”.
5. Not Being an Old Lady – I predict this is one of the last few (read: 5-ish) years that I will still have my freedom (read: no offspring) so I need to suck it up from time to time, appease my husband, and go to the bar on a weeknight if he so desires. It ain’t gonna kill me to be out until 11 instead of 10. LOL
6. Taking More Pictures – Mostly so I can have them to put on this blog. But I’d also like to improve upon my picture taking skillz… at least the ones of food. It probably helps if the food photos of recipes I post actually look appetizing, huh? Should I buy a nicer camera? Perhaps.
7. Saving Money – For a few things in particular: In the next 1-2 years we’d like to travel to Europe and renovate one or both of our bathrooms. It’s also quite likely that we’ll end up with a new car sometime in there as well. Lofty goals! Gotta set ‘em! ;)
Hmm…what else? I guess that’s all I can think of at the moment.
Now, just cause I said these things today, doesn’t mean I’m going to live by them tomorrow, ok? I don’t want you all on my case because I want to go to bed early or not wash my face one night. Isn’t that what resolutions are? You say something that you stick to for one day? Well, there ya have it. I just might practice the things I spoke of above… then again, I may not. But thanks for listening anyway.
I just thought of one more.
8. Working harder at work - Not yet, but soon. Things at work will be-a-changin’ in the next couple of months and I foresee a real opportunity for professional growth in my future. I really do need to buckle down and apply myself a little more because I think there is a lot to be learned and I need to take advantage. (I thought of this one just as I realized I could use Paint to simulate Ian’s dirty head pillow)
1 comment:
LMAO about the white sheets comments! I didn't even think about the dirt those things could show.
Post a Comment