Thursday, January 14, 2010

Personal Chefs?

I came home the other night to dinner on the table and thought the event was worth sharing with the world. He’s picking up cooking skills and recipes at the fire station and coming home to recreate meals he’s had at work. I could get used to it very easily.

So on this particular night we had a shrimp salad. Pretty easy. Just grilled shrimp on top of mixed greens (mostly cabbage, which was fun) with a little fresh basil, cheese, avocado and Italian dressing. Ian says he was missing some special sauce that was used on the shrimp and in place of the Italian dressing but he had no idea what it was… I’ll report back when he figures it out. Anyway, we had this with garlic bread and wine. I was happy.


But look how Ian and his friend even set the table and lit a candle and everything! Impressive…


And then they prepared meat for the following day. I like to photographically document things like this. How cute are they? Slaving away in the kitchen….


And in no time, it was back to the man cave for Call of Duty. LOUDLY I might add.

No comments: