Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Family Fun

A couple weeks ago we had my parents over for dinner, along with Ian's mom and stepdad. Ian smoked his best tri-tip yet, and I prepared a few other delights to go along with it. Pioneer Woman recipes of course!

Mom and I:

Clint, Dad and Leslie, Ian's mom:

Ian and Brett, his stepdad:

Ian, Brett, Clint:

RE: MEAT
Ian prepared a rub using a recipe I found for East of Santa Maria Tri-tip . This guy's blog is a good one for manly man food. I love the name -- Patio Daddio BBQ =)
RE: BAKED BEANS
I made these once before and they were ok. The next day, though, they were GREAT! Something about the refrigerating, and sitting overnight just did wonders. Therefore, Ian requested that these be made a day ahead and re-heated prior to the big reveal. It was perfect. He so smart! For PW's bacon topped bean goodness, click here for the recipe and step-by-step instructions.

RE: BREAD
I'd been wanting to try PW's Buttered Rosemary Rolls for a while. Unfortunately, these didn't quite work out for me. I have a feeling it was user error of some sort and I will try again some time. I believe there is still potential here.

RE: SALAD
Just a simple caesar, our fave.
The spread:

And after dinner we scarfed down Girl Scout cookies and played some poker!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fun times!

Carrie said...

Those beans look amazing - bacon topped is genuis!