Friday, May 21, 2010

Camera Conundrum & Other Food Stuff

The other day, I was having a grand old time in the kitchen and was pretty stoked that I might actually be able to take some decent photos of my creations since it was still light out. Then I turned my camera on, took a picture, and nothing happened. It got stuck, powered on, like this:



Part of me was extremely annoyed. And then I thought “hey, maybe this is a blessing in disguise”. Now I will HAVE to get a new one, and I’d just need to convince Ian to let me spend some serious dough a fancy SLR. It seems to be the cool thing to do amongst my friends these days. I feel left out.

So then I was stuck taking fug-o pictures with my camera phone. And it was starting to get dark.

First of all, it was a tough job, but someone had to do it. There were about two glasses left in the growler I’d picked up the day before at Home Brew Mart. It wasn’t going to last any longer, so I was forced to drink it. I’m disappointed that you can’t really tell how pink it is..






SOUR WENCH (blackberry beer…mmmmm)






Then I had to use a bunch of strawberries I had so I made ice cream. Plus I was antsy to utilize those cool cartons I got a few weeks ago. The ice cream was ok, nothing I’d urge anyone to make. But it looked pretty:




Lastly, I tried out a Red Lobster copy cat recipe of their Cheddar Bay Biscuits. OMG. YUM! This is probably the 4th or 5th one I’ve tried and it is by far the closest thing I’ve come to the real deal. Really easy to do also (recipe below). I meant to have them with a big salad but was pretty lazy by the end of all this. A biscuit-only dinner with ice cream for dessert is well rounded, no?




It took me till bedtime to come up with the genius idea of taking the battery out of my camera to see what would happen. Low and behold, it turned off. When I put the battery back in, all was well again. Therefore, I will not be getting a new camera any time soon. Or ever. Who knows.


CHEDDAR BAY BISCUITS



Yield: 12 servings


Biscuits:
2 ½ cup Bisquick
4 Tbsp cold butter
1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
¾ cup milk
¼ tsp garlic powder


Butter Glaze:
3 Tbsp butter
½ tsp garlic powder
¾ tsp dried parsley flakes


Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Lightly grease or line one cookie sheet with parchment; set aside.


Combine Bisquick with cold butter in a medium bowl using a pastry cutter (I just used 2 forks). Don't worry about mixing too thoroughly; there will be small chunks of butter in the mix about the size of peas. Add cheddar cheese, milk, and garlic powder. Mix by hand until combined, but don't over mix.


Drop ¼ cup portions of the dough onto the lightly greased or parchment lined cookie sheet. Bake for 13–15 minutes in preheated oven until the tops of the biscuits begin to turn light brown.


While the biscuits are baking, melt butter is a small bowl in the microwave. Stir in garlic powder and dried parsley flakes. Use a brush to spread the garlic butter over the tops of all the biscuits. Sprinkle a little kosher salt on the freshly coated biscuits. Makes one dozen.

1 comment:

Danimal said...

Katie - that happened to me ALL THE TIME with my Cannon. I have a great guy up here that can fix it if you can't find someone down there.