Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Can’t Be Beets Cookies

Oh yes they can! They CAN be beet cookies. I know because I can taste the damn beets in them! *Barf*

I’m only mentioning this recipe because someone who likes beets, would likely enjoy these cookies. I actually think they end up more like whoopie pies. In fact I took them to work with me and people were fairly positive. I don’t know – they were ok – but I really, really think beets are icky. They taste like dirt no matter what you do to them. This is proof that even sugar and chocolate and frosting can’t disguise a beet. Oh well. It was worth a try. Next time I’ll probably be giving away my beets so let me know if you like ‘em!

I would post a picture of the final product but it isn’t pretty, nor appetizing in the least. That was my fault though, not the cookie.

Although this was neat – the insides were not what I was expecting. These must be a different sort of beet. Zebra beet?



I got the recipe from Be Wise Ranch, under their page of suggestions by ingredient. Helpful for someone like me who receives produce in their box and doesn’t know what to do with it. So much for thinking anything in a cookie would be good. Shame.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lol I give you props for even making the cookies.