First of all, as embarrassing as it may be, I must post the before shots of the “classic” room. Let’s take a look. Can you spot the pink shower tiles with forever mildew-y grout? And how about those soap scum covered shower doors that rust? Oh! And that beautiful vanity with crusty faucet, and gaping cabinet doors? Don’t forget to peek at the shiny pink tile covering the floors.
This past weekend was D-Day. As in destruction….demolition….drastic decimation…dismantling (you get the point) of the antique pieces.
Literally, in about 20 minutes, the place looked like this:
And shortly thereafter, like this:
A little jewel was discovered:
Yeah, that’s pegboard there under the backerboard in the shower. Backerboard, on top of peg board, on top of plywood. Why? Why, oh why? Not to mention every layer was nailed 1” apart. ONE INCH! There is a nail every inch! This made it a royal PITA for my dad. I know, cause I was watching. Don’t judge.
That pretty much sums up D-day/weekend. The photos represent the end of Saturday and then my dad got some more done on Sunday. It will probably take another couple days to get the demo complete. There is still hallway tile, the ceiling, and that shower pan.
In the mean time, I’ve been busy shopping! Want to see what I’ve got so far? (no? too bad)
This vanity (including top & sink, but not faucet):

This shower fixture:

This fan/light combo:

And this shower tile:

Stay tuned for more…
No comments:
Post a Comment