Friday, May 29, 2009

Farewell Flex Friday

Rumors were confirmed this week that we all must switch from the beloved 9/80 flex schedule to regular 5/40.

My boss told me this is all a result of one department (contracts I believe) who managed to screw something up big time because they missed a major deadline...apparently no one was around during their "off" Friday to get their S**T done. So why must the rest of us be punished? Everyone in my group knows that if we must come in on Friday, we must come in and work it on out.

The change is effective 6/27 so I still have a couple more Fridays to enjoy. I think it will be a pretty tough transition, being that I've never worked a regular schedule before. The weekends are so much shorter on working Fridays. It will be a dearly missed benefit.

On the bright side, I'm hoping everyone here is fine with me still coming in on the early side and just leaving earlier now. If I can escape by 4 or 4:30 everyday, I'll beat traffic and have more time to be productive in the evenings...maybe even hit the gym before dinner. What? Don't laugh!! It's possible.. =P

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This sucks, Katie.. I'm sorry. =( Let me know if you ever wanna grab lunch or go walking on one of your remaining fridays. See ya this weekend!

PS--Re: your other post, you're not boring. I can never think of things to blog about either.