I need to begin by recommending one of my new favorite blogs that my friend Jennie told me about. Get Rich Slowly ("personal finance that makes cents") is full of great tips with regards to debt elimination, saving money, and practical investing. Since the author is just your average joe-schmo who once dug himself out from a massive pile of personal debt, it's not complicated with too much jargon. He actually spells things out in layman's terms with the basis being that very few people get rich quick but almost anyone can get rich slowly.
One thing that I'm especially interested in is the GRS Garden Project. I'd never thought to actually keep track of these costs until I started reading about it on this blog. Being that Ian and I are slowing (need to hurry up before it's too hot) getting around to starting our backyard garden, I've decided to track our spending vs. harvest costs as they do on GRS. I'm sure that being newbies has it's disadvantages due to start up costs and what not, but hopefully in the future as we begin to refine our skills, we'll be able to make the most of having home grown produce right outside our window.
More to come on our outdoor endeavors...
No comments:
Post a Comment