This article explains my very thoughts but if you just want the highlights, here you go. This is why Adam lost:
“Red state-blue state” politics at work - with Lambert’s painted fingernails, “guyliner,” and uncertain sexuality against Allen’s down-home, churchgoing sensibilities. This matchup appeared to favor Lambert, but a number of blue-state types may be “too cool” for Idol’s mass appeal, and unlikely to vote.
Gokey’s elimination provided the final key to Allen’s victory. For all the musical differences between Allen and Gokey, their personalities have a similar appeal. Both are worship directors at their respective churches, and have the same well-documented “Middle America” appeal.
Of course, in the long run, all this might not mean much. Lambert’s devoted following will serve him well on the charts, while it remains to be seen just how much momentum Allen will carry from his victory.
The future belongs to Adam Lambert. Thank goodness he doesn't have to record that god-awful Kara song and be "stuck" with AI producers forever. He will go on to do much bigger and better things and for that, I will be thankful.

1 comment:
I havent watched this season, but i did watch the finale tues and wed. I was pretty shocked Adamn didnt win too! He's got amazing talent. I think your right though, in the long run this will help him become more of his own artist and not be tighed down to AI.
Post a Comment