Well hello there third trimester; pleasure to see you! I’m definitely counting down the weeks at this point, rather than how far along I am. It’s trippy to think in terms of only having 12 more weekends before itty bitty comes, but I can’t wait!
This week my BabyCenter email says our girl is the size of a Chinese Cabbage. WTH? How does that help me visualize? Why can’t they just say a red cabbage or something relatable? This is not the first time I’ve gotten bizarre fruits and veggie sizing comparisons…maybe they should incorporate more variety and not limit themselves to healthy eatable things. I think it’d be cool if I read that my baby was now the size of a small fryer chicken or quart of ice cream, for example.
I had my glucose screening done last month and never got any results, so I’ve been assuming I passed. I guess I’ll confirm tomorrow at my appointment…. My last monthly appointment before starting to go every two weeks! Eek.
Here is what I feel like is going on with my bod these days:
- The feeders dribble frequently enough that I have to wear disposable pads in my bras 24/7
- I don’t really have issues these days with my hips being in pain from sleeping on my sides but I think that may be because I’m tossing a lot more and moving back and forth. I’ve always been a really good sleeper and lately it’s taking me a long time to shut down. =(
- My ever protruding belly is totally in the way now. It’s frustrating to not be able to reach things as easily or bend over to pick things up.
- I’m not very tired overall; instead I get winded really easily. I need to get out walking more, at the very least, because I am totally feeling the out-of-shapeness kicking in and taking its toll.
- I notice my feet swell a bit on warm days when I’m standing more than usual.
- Speaking of warm – I’m totally hot all the time.
- Baby kicks have gotten crazy! She’s still seems to be shy around her dad though… every time he tries to feel, she stops. Most of the time I love feeling it but one day last week, I stood up and she must have been so low that when she moved, it felt like a foot was about to poke out of my vag. SO WEIRD. I did not particularly enjoy that feeling.
I’ve been pretty good about lately about avoiding baby clothes in stores and online; trying my best not to buy any more! But I do confess to going on a bit of an Etsy flower head band shopping spree the other day. This shop - Fab Flower Headbands – LOVE. I can’t wait to get them!
That’s all for now folks!
No comments:
Post a Comment