Wednesday, August 3, 2011

August 3rd – 26w

Sweetness! I’m “live” with my journal now and completely up to date with my pregnancy posts. For those of you who find these topics snooze-worthy, hang on because I have two trips to recap and a few home improvement projects under way!

Basically over the course of the last two weeks I feel like my stomach is expanding at lightning speed. It’s crazy how fast the baby grows from week to week at this point, which explains why my appetite is finally back in full-force.

Even with the Snoogle, I get pretty uncomfortable now in bed after about 6 hours moving from side to side. Eventually both sides just ache so I wake up for a bit, walk/stretch my way to the bathroom, and hope to get another 2+ hours in somehow. So far, this is really the only pregnancy complaint I have. *knock on wood* Oh, but it’s my body’s way of preparing me for sleepless baby nights, right? Pssshhhh. Whatever! I would rather not be “prepared” for that until I have to be.

A couple relatively significant things happened while I’ve been on vacation:

First, our munchkin has beefed up enough that she pounds pretty hard on me and Ian was finally able to feel her. It was pretty awesome how excited he was! He finally believes that I am pregnant now.

Second, I had my first foot swelling. It was only one day, while we were dead in the heat and humidity of the Midwest. I was amused by the sudden plumpness of my feet and toes. Darn, that would have been a good photo too!

Third, people were touching my belly. Thankfully just family and not strangers.

Lastly.... and this happened last night…. 3 weeks following my first leakage incident…. It happened again! I woke up with dried up crustiness on my feeders this morning. So that’ll all. Enjoy that visual.

No comments: