Friday, August 26, 2011

FLOR

We’ve been making some good headway on the nursery and have managed to cross a few big items off the to-do list:

• Put together dresser
• Get a glider
• Window treatment/curtain panels. DIY?
• Replace closet doors
• Find a rug
• Decorate walls – DIY button monogram? something to hang? decals?

I’m pretty sure I’m going to DIY curtain panels since I really just want plain white and Sherry from YHL makes her fabric tape iron hem jobs look so easy. And now that I’ve ventured inside Jo-Ann’s for the first time ever, I’m slightly less intimidated. Now, making these guys will be another story; I have no clue where to begin, but aren’t the little balls so cute?


As much as I’d love to have a white fluffy rug in the nursery, I just know that it would never stay clean. Not with our furbabies all over the place and the fact that we wear our dirty shoes everywhere. I searched high and low for something green or pink that would be the perfect size, color and price. Needless to say, I got nowhere fast.

Have you heard of FLOR carpet tiles? It turns out they aren’t as outrageously expensive as I’d imagined so I was totally stoked to order a few samples and see if this would be a good option for our nursery floor. As luck would have it, these two were a perfect fit!





Can't remember if I posted this before but as a refresher, this is our bedding/color palette

I asked Ian if we should go green or pink and he suggested some sort of combo. What a smarty pants! Especially since the whole point of using the modular carpet tiles is to make up fun designs while mixing and matching. This sent me in to neurotic planner mode and I set out to get exact dimensions of the room with everything in it. I needed to see what size rug would be best, and then play around with different design configurations. MS Word worked ok for this. So I present to you – my scaled rendition of our nursery and the design concept of our FLOR.



I went ahead and ordered plain pink tiles so as not to clash patterns with the green. I can’t wait until they come and I can put it all together!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

testing

Katie said...

testing

Anonymous said...

oohhh ahhh

hehehe