Thursday, August 25, 2011

Midwest – Missouri, Part 2

We got up fairly early on Friday to be at Silver Dollar City when it opened.  I hadn’t been to the theme park in years but knew I had to take Ian!  Think pioneer theme park with rides, shows, shops, festivals, etc.  And to top it off, there is a heavy Christian influence that is very predominant.  Quite an experience.  

Thankfully Ian had my cousin to roam around with and they were able to hit up all the major rides while I took care of my unborn child and enjoyed a clogging show, a saloon show, and some singers.  We all met up for lunch and then Ian and I went off to spray people with water guns. 



MO was hotter than IN but not nearly as humid.. much more tolerable to me.  But we still didn’t last too long I the sun and headed back for some afternoon naps.

That night we took Ian to another Branson highlight – The Dixie Stampede.  It’s like Medieval Times of the South and the theme is the Civil War.  Good show, good food, good fun.  I couldn’t take pictures in here either but here are a few from the website to give you the idea.





I think that about covers all the major highlights of our trip.  Our last day in MO was spent hanging around the hotel, visiting with family. 



I guess it's not hard to believe there is a store like this on "the strip"?

We were happy to be heading home soon.  And when you step out of the San Diego airport after being in the Midwest for a week, you remember that the price we pay to live here is WORTH EVERY PENNY. 

No comments: