Thursday, July 14, 2011

April 28th – 12w1d

This morning was so perfect! I went for my 12 week appointment and got to see the baby again. Whohoo! The NP couldn’t find the heartbeat on the doppler, so she went for the ultrasound machine. Even then we couldn’t get a listen because the little tyke wouldn’t stay still! We have a wild child growing in me. It was so cute to see the baby flipping around and moving all over the place. We could see the heart beating, so everything was just fine. <3

Then I went to get blood drawn for the first trimester genetic screening. We’ve decided to do as many non-invasive tests as we can, which is why I also scheduled a Neucal Translucency Scan in another week or so. (Even though this one is really just so I can see the baby again.  My insurance won’t cover that one so we’re going to a private place in North Park that has gotten rave reviews. It’s not too expensive, plus we get to see our baby on the fancy 3D/4D machines… This guy guarantees gender determination at 14 weeks and since I’ll be just shy of that (at 13w5d) I’m hoping we’ll get to find out!

I’m starting to get a little more of my appetite back. Still not eating meals like I used to, but at least things aren’t totally turning me off after 2 bites. It still shocks me that I’m not crazy for ice cream.

In other baby related news, but not related to my baby --- I got to meet Helena’s princess yesterday and she is too adorable. It was great to meet you, Miss Emma! I hope you and Baby O will be bff’s one day.

No comments: