Friday, July 8, 2011

April 7th – 9w1d

I can’t believe I haven’t journaled in over a week!  I ended up “coming out” to a lot of my friends after my first appointment so I guess chatting with all of them about things has kept me pretty occupied.

I wasn’t thrilled with my experience at West Coast OB/GYN.  Ian met me there because I knew we’d get to see the baby on an ultrasound, but the poor guy had to wait almost an hour and a half.  I felt so bad.  But it was really frustrating for me too!

Overall it was relatively uneventful until the last 5 seconds.  I went in, peed in a cup, answered a bunch of genetic questions, had a quick pap and then the doctor came in for the u/s.  Ian told her “I hope there are two with penises”.  Le sigh.  Nevertheless, it was AMAZING seeing the little baby blob on the monitor with its itty bitty heart flicker and good strong beat.  Totally made my afternoon.  Even helped me not get so annoyed about the blood work hoopla I had to go through afterwards.

Here are two crummy cell pics of the ultrasound of the itty bitty:



As far as how I’m feeling these days, all is still (mostly) well.  I’ve yacked twice in the shower when I accidentally got too far back in my mouth while brushing.  Never chunky – just bright vitamin yellow empty stomach fluids.  

I’m having more episodes of picky eating.  Something sounds good but then I take one bite and think “yeah no – this is not gonna happen”. And then I have a popsicle because those always go down easily.  When I do eat a big meal, I’m full super fast and then have to eat again 2 hours later.  And not just because a little snack sounds good, it’s because my stomach turns and screams at me as if I’m going to die if I don’t get something in there ASAP.  I wake up painfully hungry every morning.  

So yeah, somehow I’ve managed to lose 5 pounds as a result of my new and weird eating habits.  Which reminds me… I need to start taking some pics of myself from that super attractive side view angle.

No comments: