Tuesday, July 26, 2011

July 12th – 22w6d

Understanding maternity leave benefits has been a royal pain up my arse. Thanks to my HR friend Christina, I’ve been able to get a handle on it, I think. I met a second time with my company’s HR person who deals with this stuff to make sure that my current understanding was correct. Of course it wasn’t… but at least now I’m confident I’ve got it all down.

I went in to this second meeting armed with my super dork-tastic MS Project schedule. What? It’s my thing, ok? The different benefits were just so confusing – paid vs. unpaid and overlapping time tables huh? I needed to see it visually on a schedule. Lemme know if you are preggo and want a baseline! My boss sure appreciated it. =)

*If this is too small to read, I think if you click on it to open in another window, it will be bigger.

Ok, so like in any project, “Project Baby O” comes with quite a few assumptions:

• Mama will feel like, and be able to, work regularly until 2ish weeks before due date.

• Baby wants to come out precisely one day after due date.

• I have a vaginal delivery without any noteworthy complications for myself or baby.

Well, I guess that’s all of them. Pretty major assumptions though, right? Haha! I’ll have to track to this schedule to see what really ends up happening.

No comments: