I definitely got thrown off track after we found out on May 21st that we are expecting a little GIRL. See her little lady parts? Or rather, lack of man parts?
Naturally with this news, I went a little psycho brainstorming nursery décor, putting a registry together, and showing minimal restraint in buying extremely cute girly outfits. Actually, I’ve been pretty good. So far we have a crib, bedding, closet organization, a handful of outfits and well, that’s it. I’ll probably buy a crib mattress just so I can set it up all pretty even though the baby is not due for 20 more weeks and also won’t sleep there for a couple months after she is born. Call me crazy.
Baby O’Connor is most likely going to be named Aubrey or Audrey. For the moment I’ll refer to her Aubdrey….
As far as how I’m feeling, things are still going well. I have yet to gain any weight (whohoo!) even though my appetite is finally coming back. I think the existing body fat is just shifting around… my belly has definitely popped out. Someday I’ll post a photo. But not today, and probably not tomorrow, or the next day either.
Sleeping is getting a little harder since I’m more uncomfortable. Thankfully I can avoid a thousand trips to the restroom if I just quit drinking a little while before bed. I can usually go all night without a pit stop. Sometimes I go once. I’m sure this will change…
For about a week and a half now I’ve felt little flutters in my gut. It feels like bubbles floating around or popcorn popping (yes I DO know how that feels, actually). Not sure if it was baby or gas, I didn’t get too excited. But it’s clear to me now that it is NOT gas and little Aubdrey is just having fun. I mean, I’ve experienced 5 months already of pretty extreme gas in all directions, so I think I know what it feels like by now. This is different. I can’t wait until I feel it more often and more strong! For now, I only get it when I’m laying down or occasionally if I’m sitting still after a big meal.
On that note, I’ll conclude with a small list of things I love to eat right now:
Red Meat / Hot Dogs
Dryer’s Strawberry Popsicles
Fried Chicken and Watermelon, naturally
Fruit in General
Stuffing
Fresh Margarita Pizza
Anything Smothered in Tomato Sauce
It’s kind of well rounded, right? LOL. Still no huge desire for baked goodies and ice cream *knock on wood*
| Rubbin' her belly |
No comments:
Post a Comment