Monday, July 4, 2011

Costa Rica, Hotel Borinquen

I've finally got around to organizing all our photos from our Costa Rica trip in February.  We flew in to the Liberia airport and got a shuttle to our first stop -- Hotel Borinquen, Mountain Resort and Spa.  I think the shuttle ride was one of the most memorable experiences!  Talk about scary...  But made us super thankful we didn't decide to rent a car and drive ourselves.  The roads were narrow, unpaved, steep and pitch dark.  There was a huge sense of relief upon arriving at our destination (an hour away).

This is looking up at our villa (on the left).  Each one was HUGE and really private.  We really enjoyed the room and I wish I'd taken more photos of the inside!

Looking down from our room at the main dining area.

The sulfur spas were steaming constantly.

Cute door hanger for cleaning service.

Sunset from our deck.

These little boogers were all over the place and weren't as scary as the gigantic lizards.

No comments: